Enrollment is closed
Judges, Finals Policy and Scoring
Map of Yakima with food locations indicated
Map of Eisenhower Campus including Contest Warmup/Performance Path
Map of Warm-Up Area "A" at Wilson Middle School
Map of Warm-Up Area "B" at Whitney Elementary School
Just a few features that make the Harvest Band Festival special:
- Novice – for beginners
- A 1-600 Enrollment
- AA 600-1000 Enrollment
- AAA Small band 1001+ Enrollment < 90 Performing Members
- AAA Large band 1001+ Enrollment > 90 Performing MembersEnrollment is based on grades 10-12
- Two lined, lighted almost full-size warm-up fields.
- Music General Effect, Marching General Effect and Auxiliary judges use video cameras to record comments with visual references.
- A website to facilitate communication - available 24/7!
- Outstanding Trophies!
- All Bands receive Awards - no participation plaques
- Judging Review Sheets after Preliminaries and Finals that include the score sub-sections of each of the nine judging categories.
- Drum Majors judged by specialist, not by a judge of another category doing "double-duty"
- Sunshine Guaranteed! (OK, OK - probable. But we can hope can't we?)
A Typical Day at Harvest:
|9:15 AM||First Band on warm-up field|
|10:00 AM||Participating bands begin performing in Preliminary Competition|
|4:30 PM||Preliminary Competition is completed|
|4:35 PM||Preliminary Awards Ceremony - ALL PARTICIPATING BANDS are involved - Drum Majors should be in uniform on the track - Drum Majors should step forward and salute when school name announced - Finalists are announced and other awards presented.|
|4:45 PM||Dinner break begins. Band Directors of finalist bands meet in the Eisenhower High School Band Room.|
|5:45 PM||Finals Presentations of colors and National Anthem.|
|6:00 PM||First Band performs in competition.|
|9:15 PM||Finals Competition is completed.|
|9:20 PM||Finals Bands participate in formal retreat (bands march "through" each other on the track and take their place centered on a yard line) while the combined Davis/Eisenhower Bands play.|
|9:25 PM||Awards Ceremony - All finals bands (Drum Majors come forward) participate in awards.||2010 Jazz Festival Application in PDF format
Open and print the above application and mail to:
Harvest Jazz Festival
4940 Sky Vista Avenue
Yakima, WA 98901
Make out to: Harvest Festival
High School Jazz Band
Middle School Jazz Band
Early-Bird Fee (if received before Aprio 1, 2010): $200
Standard Fee: $225