Thanks for coming to the Eighth Annual Harvest Marching Band Festival!
Saturday, October 18, 2008 at Zaepfel Stadium in Yakima, Washington!!
Congratulations to Shelton High School - 2008 Sweepstakes Winner!!
View 2008 Awards
The purposes of the Harvest Marching Band Festival are:
A few of the features that make the Harvest Band Festival special for Marching Bands:
To showcase the finest High School Marching Bands in the Northwest
- To provide Bands and Band Directors with the highest quality judging and performance feedback
- To provide the citizens of Central Washington an opportunity to see the best of today's youth perform at the highest levels
- To provide the city of Yakima with an economic stimulus
- To support the Band programs of both Davis and Eisenhower High Schools
- Lined and Lighted Practice Fields.
- Hosts provided for all bands
- Music General Effect, Marching General Effect and Auxiliary judges use video cameras to record comments with visual references.
- Results announced within ten minutes (five minutes in 2006, 2007 and 2008!!) of the completion of preliminary competition.
- Outstanding Trophies!
- Judging Review Sheets after Preliminaries and Finals that include the score sub-sections of each of the eight judging categories.
- All Divisions participate in finals
- Drum Majors judged by a specialist, not just by a judge of another category doing "double-duty"
- Sunshine Guaranteed! (OK, OK - probable. But we can hope can't we?)
- It has never rained during a Harvest Marching Band Festival!