Marching Band Festival
Enrollment in the 2014 Festival will be available in the spring.
Login to obtain important Director Notes
See the Photographer section for important information
Judges, Finals Policy and Scoring
Map of Yakima with food locations indicated
Map of Eisenhower Campus including Contest Warmup/Performance Path
Map of Warm-Up Area "A" at Wilson Middle School
Map of Warm-Up Area "B" at Whitney Elementary School
Just a few features that make the Harvest Band Festival special:
Novice – for beginners
- A 1-600 Enrollment
- AA 600-1000 Enrollment
- AAA Small band 1001+ Enrollment < 100 Performing Members
- AAA Large band 1001+ Enrollment > 100 Performing MembersEnrollment is based on grades 10-12
- Two lined, lighted almost full-size warm-up fields.
- Music General Effect, Marching General Effect and Auxiliary judges use video cameras to record comments with visual references.
- Digital recordings of judge's comments.
- A website to facilitate communication - available 24/7!
- Outstanding Trophies!
- All Bands receive Awards
- Judging Review Sheets after Preliminaries and Finals that include the score sub-sections of each of the nine judging categories.
- Drum Majors judged by specialist, not by a judge of another category doing "double-duty"
- Sunshine Guaranteed! (OK, OK - probable. But we can hope can't we?)
A Typical Day at Harvest:
|First Band on warm-up field
|Participating bands begin performing in Preliminary Competition
|Preliminary Competition is completed
|Preliminary Awards Ceremony - ALL PARTICIPATING BANDS are involved - Drum Majors should be in uniform on the track - Drum Majors should step forward and salute when school name announced - Finalists are announced and other awards presented.
|Dinner break begins. Band Directors of finalist bands meet in the Eisenhower High School Band Room.
|Band Directors of bands not involved in Finals can meet with the judges as clinicians until 5:50 PM
|Finals Presentations of colors and National Anthem.
|First Band performs in Finals competition.
|Finals Competition is completed.
|Finals Bands participate in formal retreat (bands march "through" each other on the track and take their place centered on a yard line) while the combined Davis/Eisenhower Bands play.
|Awards Ceremony - All finals bands (Drum Majors come forward) participate in awards.
Jazz Band Festival
2014 Jazz Band Festival Application in PDF format